Monday 24 October 2011

KOYA AND GEORGE CLOONEY





Koya is my favourite udon place in London. London is quite short on good udon and ramen joints on the whole. Paris is a bit luckier with a whole street of them at Rue Saint-Anne and I used to be very enthusiastic about visiting the udon places whenever we went to Paris. The thing I like about Koya is the good blend of consistency and surprise. The udon is consistently perfect but the specials of the day are always little surprises I look forward to.

So it seemed like a nice quiet weekday night when we met up for udon. We were bursting by the time we had finished dinner and decided to made our way home. As Koya is in a prime location in Soho, it happens to be 2 doors down from London's famous jazz club - Ronnie Scotts. Just as we were walking past Ronnie Scotts, a beautiful lady who had the demeanour of an actress was just walking into the club. She caught our attention as we were staring at her, curious to figure out who she was, I almost crashed into this guy. Sounds like a normal occurrence right? Except as I looked up, almost wanting to apologise, I realised that the guy I had almost crashed into was George Clooney. He was making his way hurriedly into the club, following after who we realised was his girlfriend. Talk about London and cool experiences!

2 comments:

  1. wah power moment! ha it reminded me of the nespresso series of ads : http://youtu.be/wERxQk3pN0g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yan Wei! He looks slimmer and his face sharper in real life. Power indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for being friendly