Tuesday 25 October 2011

BOROUGH MARKET AND TATE MODERN














When visitors pop by London, I like to take them to Borough Market, especially if they've never been before. I was delighted that my favourite cheese toastie stall is finally back again. For awhile, we were guessing (sadly) that the stall was gone forever. It was nice to catch up with Jon and properly meet his new wife Christel. We both came from business school back in Singapore so it's always exciting to hear how people span out to doing more of the creative things that they love after graduating. Jon is a very talented guitarist and you check out this video of him supporting Eli T. recently at the Esplanade in Singapore.

We checked out the Tate Modern after that and one of the things I'm really grateful about living in London is the number of exhibitions that we are exposed to here. Taryn Simon's photography exhibition left an impact for sure though I could not quite stomach it by the time I had finished viewing it. I guess I'm just better with happy endings but the realness of her documented photos was startling. I like the structure in which she shares her thoughts in this video which was shown at the entrance to her exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for being friendly