Sunday 30 October 2011

COLUMBIA ROAD FLOWER MARKET












I like markets because they come alive with people. It is almost as though they are the confluence of the life story of one stranger and another.
We humans, he continues, live our lives in the midst of a specific flow of events, the medium in which we are. - The Social Animal by David Brooks
My mum was the one who taught me the beautiful impact of gifting flowers. Actually some things are taught but some things can only be caught - I caught the wonderful revelation of that when I noticed how my mum's eyes would light up whenever we gave her flowers. And that is one of life's most beautiful mental pictures - to visualise the face of a loved one fill up with joy.

I bought 2 bunches of lilies from Columbia Road Flower Market and they're looking pretty on my dining table. The fragrance that lingers reminds me of hotels once lived in, restaurants once dined in and people once familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for being friendly